Our planet’s alarm is going off, and it is time to wake up and take action!
Here is an /We Bring to you an opportunity to empower your career and become agents/envoy of Global change through a stewardship Mission that promises/aims for the conservation of Water, Environment and a Happy Earth.
JAL-JEEVAN-HARIYALI Mission (JJHM), an autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860, under Rural Development Department, Govt. of Bihar. The Society is under overall administrative control of the State Government. This is an ambitious multi stakeholder programme with the objective of climate sustenance, conservation and rejuvenation of water bodies and to keep water pollution free, maintaining level of Ground water, ensuring adequate water availability, climate resilient agriculture, energy conservation etc. and promoting climate awareness among the masses.
JAL-JEEVAN-HARIYALI Mission (JJHM) has been established to kick off time bound and mission mode accelerated implementation of 11 target interventions that involves identification and rejuvenation of all public conventional water storage structures, construction of check dams and other water harvesting structures in small rivers / drains and water storage in the hilly area, Creation of new water sources and taking/delivering of water from the surplus river area to water deficit areas, Construction of Rain Water Harvesting Structures in the buildings, Creation of nurseries and dense plantation of trees, Promoting the usage of Alternative Cropping, Drip Irrigation, Organic Farming and other new techniques along with the Promotion of the usage of solar energy and encouraging conservation of energy. JAL-JEEVAN-HARIYALI Mission offers a great opportunity to citizen of India to recommit and strive to our path towards more sustainable future, as promised by its logo: Water, Life and Greenery, only then will be Prosperity.
For targeted and timebound delivery and monitoring of specific outcomes. The JJH Mission invites Applications for the following positions. Before applying for the vacant positions, please read the JJHM components carefully for suitability of your candidature. Components of JAL-JEEVAN-HARIYALI Mission are-
- Identifying and removing encroachments from public water bodies, reservoirs, etc
- Restoration and rejuvenation of public water bodies such as Ponds/Tanks/Aahars/Payeens.
- Identification and renovation of public wells.
- Construction of soak pits/recharge pits and other water conservation structure near public wells and hand pumps.
- Construction of check dams and water conservation structures near small rivers, drains and water storage structures in hilly areas.
- Construction of New Water Resources. Channelling/delivering water from the rivers having surplus water to the water deficit areas.
- Roof Top Rain-Water Harvesting Structure.
- Developing nurseries and massive afforestation.
- Adaptation of alternative agriculture, drip irrigation bio-farming and other new techniques.
- Promoting use of solar energy and savings on energy.
- JAL-JEEVAN-HARIYALI awareness campaign.
The JAL-JEEVAN-HARIYALI Abhiyaan is being implemented in coordination with various departments and the Rural Development Department has been designated as the Nodal Department